The Change Begins In Me | Defying Babylon
Text: Daniel 1:8-21
BIG POINT: God will change me before He uses me
FIVE SPIRITUAL QUALITIES NECESSARY TO THRIVE IN BABYLON:
QUESTIONS FOR FURTHER STUDY
Using the context of Daniel 1 & 2 discuss the following questions:
• What are some changes you would like to see God make in our nation or community?
• What is your default response to things that trouble you or things with which you disagree?
• Discuss the five spiritual qualities mentioned in the message. When and how did God develop one or more of these qualities in you? What have been the tangible results?
• In what area is God challenging you and changing you now?
• Read verse 21. Why do you think God kept Daniel in Babylon? Why do you think He might have you where you are?
APPLICATION & QUESTIONS FOR PERSONAL REFLECTION
Read James 1:2-4 and Hebrews 12:11 and reflect on these personal questions:
• What do you find inspirational about Daniel’s refusal to conform to Babylon?
• What are some areas of conforming to the world that you find it hard to refuse? Why is that?
• Commit to the process. If God has showed you an area in which He wants to change you, surrender. Not only that, let a trusted friend or mentor know and ask them to follow up with you about it. God will change you IN Babylon.